2021 Parade Application
The 2021 Parade Application is coming soon.
- The final date for any unit to sign their intention to enter the parade will be Friday, October 19, 2018.
- The Hold Harmless Agreement with the City of Hagerstown and the Alsatia Club must be signed and returned with entry or the entry will not be accepted.
- Instructions from parade officials must be followed at all times, the Alsatia Mummers’ Parade committee reserves the right to reject any entry.
- NO DISTRIBUTION OF CANDY, LITERATURE OF ANY TYPE AND ETC BY ANY ENTRY WILL BE ALLOWED. ANY VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM PARADE.
- Nothing of political, controversial, obscene or of anti-religious nature in any form may be permitted in the parade.
- No pick-up trucks will be allowed unless pulling a float. NO PASSENGERS ARE ALLOWED IN THE BED OF THE PICK-UP TRUCKS.
- All live animals are subject to approval by the Alsatia Parade Formation Committee. Liability insurance will be required.
- No sounding of sirens or horns by any type of vehicle,
firingof firearms or open fires will be permitted.
- The parade committee may invite elected officials and other dignitaries as
guestto participate in the Mummers’ parade. (INCUMBENT ONLY)
- Queens must be from Washington County Competitions. State and National winners will be considered on an individual basis.
- No antique vehicle later than 1985 will be allowed to
entryin the antique vehicle division.
- No person or device can be used to propel. Accelerate, lift or toss one or more performers. No stacking of persons (no pyramids). This rule intended for ALL entries.
- All units must maintain a full step forward, throughout the entire parade route. Units will begin their performance at the sound off signs.
- Should the forward movement of the parade be stopped due to circumstances beyond our control, a unit may drill while stopped but must stop drilling and move forward when
paradebegins to move forward again and/or move forward at the command on the Alsatia Marshall in charge. Marshalls are instructed to inform judges of any and all violations. Points may be deducted for any and all violations of any rules. Judges may be stationed all along the parade route as well as in the Judge’s reviewing area at Bester School.
Organized Bodies Rules
- An organized body for the Alsatia Mummers’ Parade is defined as any group marching/walking in the parade. (Bands, majorettes, color guard, drill teams, cheer, dance, scouts, 4-H, or schools in
specialdress) You may register in multiple judging categories.
- Cheer may have pom-poms or other cheer equipment or they may choose to use hands.
- Dance is dancing including the use music, either by
broadcastvehicle of by use of instruments. Dance groups may include the use of canes, hats or other items but typically not poms or batons.
- Please make sure you select the area in which you want your group judged.
- Organized bodies will report to Oak Hill Avenue. Busses will be allowed on Oak Hill Avenue off Northern Avenue to unload groups. This is the only place buses will be allowed to unload. Check-in trailer will be located at the corner of Oak Hill Avenue and Cypress Street. Buses will exit at the direction of a parade official. The bus will then go to South Hagerstown High School. Please remember that equipment vehicles will not be allowed in the parade, they will exit at the direction of a parade official and proceed to South Hagerstown High School. All marching units will proceed to South Hagerstown High School to disband and meet transportation.
- No fire of any kind will be permitted.
- No person or device can be used to propel, accelerate, lift or toss one or more performers. No stacking of persons (no pyramids). All movement will be intended to move the unit forward along the parade route, UNITS MUST NOT STOP TO PERFORM!
- Rest Rooms are available along Oak Hill Avenue.
- A $25.00 non-refundable entry fee is due with applications. School K – 12 are exempt.
- Floats must be decorated except for the towing vehicle.
- Self-propelled floats must be completely decorated.
- Floats will be skirted on both sides and back from the deck to the road.
- Float entries are subjected to Formation Committee approval.
- The height of the float shall not exceed 11 feet 6 inches. Drivers should be aware of any low hanging wires.
- No sounding of sirens, horns,
firingof fire arms or open fires are permitted.
- Passengers are not allowed in the bed of a pickup.
- Floats will be staged on Potomac Avenue.
Check intime is after 3 and no later than 4:30 on the day of the parade at the corner of Magnolia and Potomac Avenue. Streetassignment will be given at that time along with the float number.
Floats will leave the parade route at Startzman’s Hardware on South Potomac at the direction of a Parade Marshall. You will travel East Howard Street to Rose Hill Avenue to disband. All units are responsible to clean up any debris when disbanding. Please do not go to South Hagerstown High School or South End Shopping Center.
- A vehicle includes cars, military units, buses, Nursing Homes vans, units with sound equipment, convertibles.
- Vehicles will be staged on Potomac Avenue.
Check intime is after 3 and no later than 4:30 on the day of the parade at the corner of Magnolia and Potomac Avenue. Street assignment will be given at that time along with a number.
- Vehicles will leave the parade route at Startzman’s Hardware on South Potomac at the direction of a Parade Marshall. You will travel East Howard Street to Rose Hill Avenue to disband.
- No sounding of horns, sirens or fire arms.
Fire Trucks and EMS Units Rules
- All fire and EMS units will report to Hamilton Blvd from Northern Avenue.
- Fire Companies and EMS Units are limited to one (1) unit per organization.
- No sounding of sirens, horns or firing of firearms.
- All motorized units will leave the parade route at Startzman’s Hardware via Howard Street East to Rose Hill Avenue.
Commercial Unit Rules
- Commercial Unit is $200.00. Any entry used for
advertisementof a business or group for profit belongs in this category.
- A mummer is a person in costume participating in the parade.
- Mummers will sign up on the evening of the parade after 4:30 pm. The sign in will be at the Oak Hill Avenue side of the area formerly known as Bill’s Other Yard Sale.
- Mummers must be in costume. The costume must not be offensive to a general audience or may be denied entry into the parade.
- Mummers may not enter with a motorized vehicle.
- Please space your entry, so you are not near another entry. Judges need to see your Mummer number.